[Soot-list] use soot in new eclipse plugin

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Sat Dec 6 13:17:47 EST 2008

> 1: under what condition, the Scene.v().setSootClassPath() API can work? And
> if it work, which help it can give us?

I don't quite understand your question. Soot uses its own class loader
to load classes into the Scene. The classpath for this class loader is
set by calling Scene.v().setSootClassPath().

> 2: when soot resolve or load class, are there some magic or special thing?

See above. Soot uses an URLClassLoader that uses the above classpath
to load classes.

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group, McGill University, Montréal, Canada
Got an interesting job offer? http://www.bodden.de/hire-me/