[Soot-list] Newbie question: Getting a handle on Jimple via Java

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 21 09:27:04 EST 2008

Hi, Willem.

you mean you just want to produce .jimple files from .class files?
That's super easy!

Just do something like this:

java -cp sootclasses.jar soot.Main -f J MyClass

This will read MyClass.class from the current directory and produce
MyClass.jimple in the directory "sootOutput". All the command line
options are documented here:

http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/usage/index.html

Eric

On 21/02/2008, Willem Bester <wbester at cs.sun.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find an easy way -- it doesn't have to be completely trivial
> -- of using Soot to convert a Java .class file to Jimple, and then, in a
> Java program, to be able to "walk through" the Jimple format. I.e., I don't
> want to read Jimple from a file, but rather have some kind of handle to use
> the Jimple that Soot has created; I'd like to invoke Soot from my program,
> and get the Jimple representation back to work with.
>
> I've browsed through the docs and tuts, but I haven't spotted anything to
> this effect. Any help or pointers will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Willem
>
> --
> Willem Bester