[Soot-list] about the cg.all-reachable option

Peng Li lipeng360 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 02:45:37 EST 2008

HI
I am using spark to build a callgraph for a Java Swing program(GUI).
However, I found the callgraph eliminate all the actionPerformed()
methods in the GUI program. So, I just turned on the all-reachable
option under the cg phase by using the following line,
soot.options.Options.v().setPhaseOption("cg", "all-reachable:true");

And then, I did some test on a very simple test case as following,

public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent event)//
{
         methodT();
         t1 tt = new t1(); // t1 is a class
         methodW();
     }
private static void methodT() {}
private void methodW() {}

Next,  when i used callgraph.edgesOutOf(actionPerformed) to get all
the edges which use actionPerformed() as source. I  found the edges
actionPerformed()->methodT() and actionPerformed()->t1(). However,
there is no the edge actionPerformed()-> methodW()!

I am wondering if there is some options I did not turn on? Can anyone
give me some suggestion?

Thank you very much for your help and looking forward to hearing you.

Cheers
Peng