[Soot-list] Search for information flow tracking tool

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 28 15:38:44 EST 2008

To my best knowledge, information flow analysis only tracks data flow
and not control flow. In your example, there is no data flowing from x
to y. That's why I believe that an information flow analysis could not
give you the answers you need. (There *may* be information flow
analyses which do what you need, though.)

Slicing definitely takes control flow dependencies into account and
hence would point to x, when being queried on y.

Eric

--
Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group