[Soot-list] How to profile every statement using soot?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jul 2 12:24:03 EDT 2008

Hi.

> My simple question is that, how can i use soot to profile EVERY statement in
> my program?  That is, record or just simply println the executed statements.

This tutorial should tell you all you need to know:
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/profiler/index.html

> Another question is that, can I map the Jimple analysis result back to the
> Java source code?  Is there any convenient API for this purpose?

There's not directly an API for that but there is an option
-keep-line-number that adds tags with Java source code positions to
each Jimple statement. Browse the archive of this mailing list for
details.

Hope that helps,

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group