[Soot-list] Calling Soot Toolkit from another Eclipse Plugin

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 4 11:45:13 EDT 2008

Hi Chandan.

I don't think we have a tutorial for this but it should be very
simple. You just put sootclasses-xxx.jar on your plugin's classpath
and then the plugin can call Soot directly. The only think you need to
know is that you need to call G.reset() if you run Soot multiple
times. This resets Soot's internal data structures.

How you interact with Soot's API really depends on what you are using Soot for.

Eric

2008/7/4 Chandan Rupakheti <rupakhcr at clarkson.edu>:
> Hi,
>
> What is the fastest way to call Soot APIs like CallGraph from another
> eclipse plugin? Detailed instructions or pointer to online tutorials will be
> highly apprecitated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chandan
> --
> Chandan Raj Rupakheti
> Computer Science Graduate Student
> Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
> Clarkson University, Box 5817
> Potsdam, NY 13699
> Office: +1-315-268-3764 (CAMP - 115)
> rupakhcr at clarkson.edu