[Soot-list] simulating effects of native calls

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Sun Mar 2 14:02:40 EST 2008

Hi, Khilan.

As far as I know you cannot retrieve any body for these methods. The
simulation really only simulates the effects of these methods in the
"cg" phase, i.e. it adds appropriate call edges and computes
appropriate data flow for the points-to analysis. That's it.

When you say "Our analysis infers what objects are being accessed in a
given block of code." it sounds to me like you should be using
points-to info anyway. Aren't you?

Eric

On 02/03/2008, Khilan Gudka <khilan.gudka at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ondrej pointed out to me that soot can simulate the effects of native
> methods in jdk 1.3. I wanted to ask is this only useful for pointer
> analysis? Our analysis infers what objects are being accessed in a given
> block of code. Also, how does one retrieve the simulated method body of a
> native?
>
> Thanks,
> Khilan

Eric Bodden