[Soot-list] simulating effects of native calls

Khilan Gudka khilan.gudka at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Mar 2 15:00:46 EST 2008

Dear Eric,

Thanks a lot for that useful information.

The simulation really only simulates the effects of these methods in the
> "cg" phase, i.e. it adds appropriate call edges and computes
> appropriate data flow for the points-to analysis. That's it.

We infer path expressions of the form x.f.g,but points-to information would
definitely help make our analysis more precise. For example:

   x.f = y;
  // access z.f below

Without points-into information we can only conservatively assume that z and
x may be aliases so have to record the fact that y could well be accessed
below. Currently, for this example or analysis would infer: { x, y, z.f  }.
Can native methods access Java objects?

Thanks,
Khilan

When you say "Our analysis infers what objects are being accessed in a

given block of code." it sounds to me like you should be using