Fwd: [Soot-list] View CFGs with Eclipse Plugin

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu May 1 14:45:05 EDT 2008

> That's really strange.

 I just tried it again. I analyzed the following class...

 public class Test {
        void foo(){
                System.out.println();
        }
        void bar(){}
 }

 ... by right-clicking Test.java and selecting Soot -> Process Source
 File -> Run Soot..., then selecting the Interactive Mode.

 I get shown both methods foo and bar. The console shows this output:

 Running in interactive mode.
 Transforming Test...
 Analyzing: bb.lso for method: foo
 Analyzing: bb.lso for method: foo
 Analyzing: bb.lp for method: foo
 Analyzing: bb.lso for method: bar
 Analyzing: bb.lso for method: bar
 Analyzing: bb.lp for method: bar

 Note that foo will be shown thrice because it is analyzed three times,
 two times by bb.lso and one time by bb.lp. Only after that will bar be
 analyzed and displayed. Could it be that this confused you? Also I
 think you may have to click "finish method" before "next method"
 works. I can try to simplify this interface a bit for the next
 release. Feedback is welcome.

 I also realized that what I said previously about the graphs only
 showing Jimple is not true. Sorry about that mistake. The rule is that
 the graph will always show the representation that is used for the
 selected analysis pass. bb.lso works for example on Baf bodies,
 therefore Baf statements will appear in the graph. If you enable one
 of the Jimple transformations then you will see a Jimple-based graph
 as well.

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group
McGill University, Montréal, Canada