[Soot-list] How to specify the type of control flow graph?

bq chan cbqios at gmail.com
Mon May 5 09:34:49 EDT 2008

HI!
I wonder that if  we can specify the type of control flow graph to be
dumped.
I can just get dot files of jimple unitgraphs, but what I really want is
those jimple blockgraphs.

According to the following, it seems we can just specify the phases.

 why not provide a option to allow users specify the types(Exceptional or
brief, unit or block-based)?

Thank you!

* -dump-cfg phaseName*

Specify that any control flow graphs constructed during the
*phaseName*phases should be dumped. For example -dump-cfg jb -dump-cfg
bb.lso would
dump all CFGs constructed during the jb and bb.lso phases. The pseudo phase
name ``ALL'' causes CFGs constructed in all phases to be dumped.

The control flow graphs are dumped in the form of a file containing input to
dot graph visualization tool. Output dot files are stored beneath the soot
output directory, in files with names like: *className*/*methodSignature*/*
phasename*-*graphType*-*number*.dot, where *number* serves to distinguish
graphs in phases that produce more than one (for example, the Aggregator may
produce multiple ExceptionalUnitGraphs).

* *