[Soot-list] Bytecode generated by Soot

Mario Mendez-Lojo marioml at ices.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 12 17:09:33 EST 2009

Hi guys,

I'm using Soot to modify bytecode in a system that it's oriented to high
performance. Therefore, I have a question: do you have any idea about how
optimized is the bytecode generated by the standard bytecode-jimple-baf-bytecode
  processing sequence? Let's assume that my transformation does not generate any
extra code, or too little code to affect performance, and that "jop" is
deactivated. It's the output bytecode any slower (or faster) than the original?

Thank you,
Mario