[Soot-list] soot

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Sat Jul 4 12:08:51 EDT 2009

Hi.

I don't recommend using loadClassAndSupport.

The better way to do this is to 1.) register a Transform in your main
method, just before calling soot.Main.main(args), and then 2.) add a
call to Scene.v().addBasicClass("MyClassName") just before the call to
soot.Main.main(args).

If you install the Soot Eclipse plugin and select New -> Examples,
then you can get a template that shows you how to do this.

Eric

2009/6/29 Richard L. Halpert <richard.halpert at mail.mcgill.ca>:
> I'm not sure... I generally load classes in Soot from the command-line, not
> programmatically.  In the future, if you have Soot questions, I recommend
> that you direct them to soot-list at sable.mcgill.ca, instead of to me.  I'm
> only familiar with a few specific areas of Soot.
>
> -Richard
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 3:27 AM, <smhuang at cse.ust.hk> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Richard,
>>
>> Sorry to bother you. I am currently using soot doing some program
>> analysis. I have a problem when trying to do the following:
>> Scene.v().loadClassAndSupport(someclass) in the whole-program mode.
>> Wherever I specify it before invoking soot.Main.main(args) or in the
>> method body of internalTransform(String phaseName, Map options), it always
>> throws "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: This
>> operation requires resolving level SIGNATURES but
>> javato.activetesting.analysis.ObserverForActiveTesting is at resolving
>> level HIERARCHY"
>>
>> Can you give me some work around?
>>
>> Thanx,
>> Jeff