[Soot-list] regarding Spark's poitstoSet analysis

Vishal Annapurve balaji at iitk.ac.in
Fri Jul 17 16:25:18 EDT 2009

Hi,
      I want to use spark's infrastructure for a definitely same analysis
for some load elimination.
 For that I need to ensure that the two instances are pointing to the same
object. so, the thing is..

A[i][j] = ...                   t1 = A[i]
                                t1[j] = ...

.... =A[i][j]                   t2 = A[i]
                                ... = t2[j]

LHS column is the normal code and RHS is IR (intermediate represen.)
if I want to check that if t1 and t2 point to the same object, meaning
they are definitely same, is this condition a good check :

    PointsToSetInternal(t1).pointsTosetEquals(Ptoset(t2))
  && PointsToset(t1).size ==1

and Another thing is I used this condition, but gave me weird results, it
matched the two arrays which were not definitely same, and even their
PToSets should not have been same. is there any different anlysis for
arrays?

I used ((pta)scene.v().getPointsToAnalysis()).getLocalvarnode(t1).getP2set
to get the pointsTosetinternal, is it correct.

Vishal B Annapurve
Third Year Undergraduate
Computer Science and Eng.
Indian Institute of Tech., Kanpur