[Soot-list] miss "soot.jimple.toolkits.thread.transaction "

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 20 09:35:41 EDT 2009

Hi Peng.

I think this was moved (see below). And yes, there is functionality
for transactional memory in this package. (See Richard Halper's work)

Author: rhalpe
Date: 2008-05-28 22:47:56 -0400 (Wed, 28 May 2008)
New Revision: 3239

Log:
FINALLY renaming the transaction package to synchronization.
Currently, its classes primarily perform lock allocation.

Added:
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/DeadlockAvoidanceEdge.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/DeadlockDetector.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/LockRegion.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/LocksetAnalysis.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/NewStaticLock.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/Transaction.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/TransactionAnalysis.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/TransactionAwareSideEffectAnalysis.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/TransactionBodyTransformer.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/TransactionDataDependency.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/TransactionExternalRWAnalysis.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/TransactionFlowPair.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/TransactionGroup.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/TransactionInterferenceGraph.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/TransactionTransformer.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/synchronization/TransactionVisibleEdgesPred.java

Removed:
[...]
  soot/trunk/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/thread/transaction/

Modified:
  soot/trunk/generated/singletons/soot/Singletons.java
  soot/trunk/src/soot/PackManager.java

Eric

2009/7/19 LIU Peng <lpxz at ust.hk>:
> Hello guys:
>     I have a quick problem: I found
> soot.jimple.toolkits.thread.transaction API on the web, but I can not
> find classes for them in sootclasses.jar, my sootclass.jar is the the
> latest version :2.3.0, and I also checked the nightly build, without
> finding them.
>     Can anybody tell me how to get them?
>     By the way, from the mail-list, I know this package  is for lock
> allocation. Does "transaction" here have any relationship with those
> transactions in the transactional memory? or simply to say, do they
> have the logical atomicity meaning here in the package?
>     Thanks
>     Regards.
> Peng

Eric Bodden