[Soot-list] The Pos in SourceLnPosTag

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 24 04:44:59 EDT 2009

Hi Campbell.

startPos is meant to be the start column and endPos is meant to be the
end column. Note that this may differ from what you see in your text
editor because Soot for instance interprets a "tab" as a single
column, while a text editor would usually show it as four or eight
columns. Having said that, I know of some cases where these column
positions are indeed not 100% correct. If you show us instances that
don't work for you then we can try to fix these in the future.

Eric

2009/7/23 Campbell Morrison <cammorr at gmail.com>:
> I'm using the SourceLnPosTag to link Jimple statements to the original Java
> source code statements, but I'm having some trouble figuring out what the
> values in SourceLnPosTag means.  The line number (startLn, endLn) is pretty
> self explanatory, but I can't figure out exactly what the pos (startPos,
> endPos) variables hold.  I figured that startPos is the position (column
> number) of the beginning of the statement in the source file, but it seems
> that this isn't always the case.  And endPos is a total blur.  Any
> documentation I can check out for help?  The Soot Wiki and API isn't giving
> me anything.

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group, McGill University
Montréal, Québec, Canada