[Soot-list] SecurityException for chart (dacapo)

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Sat Jun 20 17:24:52 EDT 2009

Hi Manjiri.

> When I try to run the annotated classfiles, I am getting following
> exception:
> java.lang.SecurityException: class
> "org.jfree.chart.event.MarkerChangeListener"'s signer information does not
> match signer information of other classes in the same package.
>
> I understand that this is occuring because I am annotating some of the
> classfiles in org.jfree.chart.event. but not all.

This is not really a Soot issue from what I understand. It may be more
helpful to email the DaCapo mailing list.

It seems that you are modifying a class that is inside a signed JAR
file. The point of the signature is obviously to detect when people
tamper with the class files. So I guess that your only options are to
(1) remove the signatures from the JAR file, i.e. make it un-signed
(not sure if that's possible), (2) sign the JAR file properly, with
signatures for the modified class files or (3) not modify and classes
within this JAR file.

Are you using the xdeps target for DaCapo? http://www.dacapo-bench.org/soot.html
Actually this should give you un-signed JAR files, and hence
circumvent any such problems.

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group, McGill University
Montréal, Québec, Canada