[Soot-list] Running SOOT on eclipse plugins

gehan kamel gehan84 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 09:15:15 EST 2009

Hello Mr Eric,
Thanks alot for helping out..Actually I import it into an eclipse project and choose from the project menu 'Run SOOT'...It either gives an error or runs in 0 seconds and gives an empty sootoutput folder..

When I run it on individual files, it can produce the jimple format but with many errors in the jimple format, since running the SOOT on one file only doesnot allow it to see the rest of the classes in the plug-in that are invoked...

Then i noticed on http://www.bodden.de/2008/08/30/soot-eclipse-plugin-tutorial/ that the project has to be set up as a src folder with packages in it, which isnot the case in eclipse plugins..I have folders within folders, so I donot have the structure suggested in the above link..
Please advice on this issue..
Thanks again

Gehan Mustafa Kamel Selim
School Of Computing,
Queens University
"TOUGH TIMES DON'T LAST...TOUGH PEOPLE DO ;)"