[Soot-list] modref and dependency analysis in soot

Arnab De arnabde03 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 09:21:37 EST 2009

Hi all,
I am a new user of soot. I am interested in two static analyses.
1. Mod/ref analysis: Given a method, find out which fields of the parameter
and receiver objects it can potentially modify.
2. Dependency analysis: Given a statement in a method, find out the method
parameters or receiver object fields the statement in dependent upon (both
data and control dependent).

Can anyone tell me if these analyses are already implemented in soot? If
not, is there any other project that implements these for Java?
Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Arnab