[Soot-list] modref and dependency analysis in soot

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Nov 25 15:09:43 EST 2009

Hi Arnab.

> 1. Mod/ref analysis: Given a method, find out which fields of the parameter
> and receiver objects it can potentially modify.

This shoulds like the "write" part of "read/write" sets and I believe
that the transaction package in Soot computes at least something like
that. Richard? Any idea?

> 2. Dependency analysis: Given a statement in a method, find out the method
> parameters or receiver object fields the statement in dependent upon (both
> data and control dependent).

This sounds very much like slicing. I believe that Indus, which uses
Soot, should contain such analyses. Also just look at the top hits
here: http://www.google.de/search?hl=en&q=soot+slicing&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=