[Soot-list] About accessing local variables in soot

LuoQingZhou seriousamlqz at yahoo.cn
Fri Oct 2 19:42:03 EDT 2009

Thanks, In the first part I mean for a simple method m:

void m()
{
       for(int i = 0; i < 100; i ++)
       {
           ... //Some code may throw exception

Can we instrument the code to generate two versions of the original programs,say the 'record' version and 'replay' version. The record version record the value of i when a exception is thrown, write it to some place(file or sth),and the replay version load that value and start executing at that point. Is that possible to do so? For a general complicated program:

void m()
{
   ....//code before exception
   ....//throw a exception
   ...//code after exception
}

Can we instrument the code to record all the states when the exception is thrown, and reset those states to let program run direcly from the exception line?(e.g.set all local/stack and insert a goto statement??)

Maybe my question seems quite naive...Thanks again.