[Soot-list] About accessing local variables in soot

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Oct 5 04:26:40 EDT 2009

Hi.

> Can we instrument the code to generate two versions of the original programs,say the 'record' version and 'replay' version. The record version record the value of i when a exception is thrown, write it to some place(file or sth),and the replay version load that value and start executing at that point. Is that possible to do so?

I don't think that it makes sense to record values when an exception
is thrown in order to then replay a computation. At the time the
exception is thrown you may already have lost valueable information
about what caused the exception. What you actually need is to record
the entire execution trace, I believe.

You may wish to have a look at the TOD project:
http://pleiad.dcc.uchile.cl/research/software/tod/omniscient

Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt