[Soot-list] Spark missing prinln ?

Molnar Arthur arthur486 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 05:12:12 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm using Soot to get call graphs for certain programs. I recently noticed that
by generating the call graph using SPARK, it misses the println(...) call. The
program I'm analyzing is a "Hello World" type, with only:
"System.out.println("bla")" in the main method. However, it appears the only
call edges coming from main are:

<testers.CallGraphs: void main(java.lang.String[])> may call <java.lang.System:
void <clinit>()>
<testers.CallGraphs: void main(java.lang.String[])> may call <java.lang.Object:
void <clinit>()>

As far as I know, everything is set up properly (I took guidance from the Soot
tutorials). Also, if I'm using the CHATransformer I get my missing edge and
everything seems alright. Also, reflection can be ruled out as it's a direct
call from my main method.

What could be wrong here ? Many thanks,
Arthur.