[Soot-list] How to disable soot optimizations

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 19 11:31:52 EDT 2010

Hi Delphine.

-p jb off will turn of the creation of Jimple bodies. That's the most
essential phase of Soot and cannot really be disabled.

Even when you disable all optimizations, you will still get class
files that have changes opposed to the original class files. That is
because Soot transforms everything to Jimple and then back to
bytecode.

The question to ask whether these changes matter to you. Normally they
should not matter.

Dr. Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt