[Soot-list] running intra-procedural analysis before whole-program analysis

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jun 25 03:14:17 EDT 2010

Hi Arnab.

> I am developing an analysis using soot where I need to run some
> intra-procedural analysis for each method first and then use the
> result of this analysis in a whole-program analysis. Soot runs all the
> whole-program analysis packs before the intra-procedural ones. Is
> there a way to change the order in which these analyses run?

Currently the only wy to get what you want is to poke around with the
PackManager, adding a new pack at the beginning. The problem with that
is that all the methods that you need for this are currently private.
I am not sure why that is, actually. I guess we could make addPack(..)
public...

> Moreover,
> I need the result of an analysis as a data structure to use in in
> later phases. Is there any interface for that?

The way in which it's most often done is to have some static
datastrcture (i.e. a singleton) that keeps the data around. Or use
tags to annotate methods or statements...