[Soot-list] try catch in methods issue

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Mar 29 04:11:19 EDT 2010

Hi Dinesh.

> I want to create UnitGraphs for all my methods in the class
> Now if my method is having try/catch block then when the body of that method
> is retrieved by m.retrieveactivebody at this point it throws null pointer
> exception.

Normally whether or not a method has a try-catch block should have no
impact on whether you can retrieve a body or not. I suspect that you
are using Soot incorrectly but that is hard to say without seeing your
code.

> also what are limitations of soot as far as version is control(Is it working
> for all jdk's) and upcoming versions in future

This really depends what you want to use Soot for. Most functionality
should work fine with any JDK.