[Soot-list] Announcing Soot 2.4.0

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Mar 29 06:44:29 EDT 2010

Dear Soot Users,

We are pleased to announce that Soot version 2.4.0 is now available
at: http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/

This release contains the following additions and improvements:

1. Hossein Sadat-Mohtasham's implementation of program dependency graphs

2. Support for creating sound call graphs even for programs that use
   reflection, custom class loaders and runtime-generated classes.
   For this purpose, Soot uses TamiFlex to create a runtime log file that
   contains information about how reflection is being used. Spark then
   uses the log file during call-graph and points-to graph construction.
   See http://code.google.com/p/tamiflex/wiki/DaCapoAndSoot for details.

Also we incorporated fixes to numerous bugs. Thanks for reporting bugs
and/or providing fixes!

See http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/CHANGES for details.

As of version 2.2.0 the Soot bugzilla is available at:
http://svn.sable.mcgill.ca/bugzilla/. We encourage you to add any Soot
bugs there.

Regards,

Dr. Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt