[Soot-list] Announcing Soot 2.4.0

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Mar 30 02:24:17 EDT 2010

I just realized that I forgot to mention one change to Soot that I
believe is well worthwhile mentioning:

Syed Albiz and Patrick Lam provided a patch to Soot that makes
-allow-phantom-refs work again. Many thanks to both of them!

Using this option you can force Soot to ignore classes that it cannot
find. That way, you can, for example, construct a call graph for just
a single "main" class. However, always keep in mind in that case that
the call graph that you will may be unsound for what you are doing -
you get what you are asking for.

Dr. Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt