[Soot-list] stalls in 2nd TrapUnitGraph

Stefan Willenbrock willenbr at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue May 11 17:52:34 EDT 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [Soot-list] stalls in 2nd TrapUnitGraph
Datum: Tue, 11 May 2010 23:50:47 +0200
Von: Stefan Willenbrock <willenbr at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
An: Arlo Gilbert <arlogilbert at mac.com>

Am 11.05.2010 22:23, schrieb Arlo Gilbert:
> The command line I am using is:
> java soot.Main -cp . -f d -j2me --allow-phantom-refs --trim-cfgs --omit-excepting-unit-edges -v -pp au

Maybe i'm missing something but this looks ok so far. --trim-cfgs
--omit-excepting-unit-edges might not be necessary because you just want
to create some dava (decompile classes).

> The last few lines of the verbose output are:
> [W]     finished SimpleLocalUses...
> Applying phase gb.ule to<au: void W()>.

Might be the case that you found some class that had been obfuscated
(with jmangle for example). This might be hard to decompile for soot.
The classname "au" and the weird methodname W() looks like an indicator
for that.

Maybe you could try hust to produce jimple (-f J) and see wether this works.

Regards, Stefan