[Soot-list] stalls in 2nd TrapUnitGraph

Arlo Gilbert arlogilbert at mac.com
Tue May 11 16:23:40 EDT 2010

Trying to play with soot and decompile a class file but I keep running into the same problem... with full verbosity I can see lots going on and lots of other classes I am able to decompile, however with this one class it runs for an hour then i finally have to manually quit, cpu is pegged the whole time.

The command line I am using is:
java soot.Main -cp . -f d -j2me --allow-phantom-refs --trim-cfgs --omit-excepting-unit-edges -v -pp au

I have tried a wide variety of command switches and they all seem to result in the same thing.

The last few lines of the verbose output are:
[W]     finished SimpleLocalUses...
Applying phase gb.ule to <au: void W()>.
[W] Eliminating unused locals...
[<init>]     Constructing soot.toolkits.graph.BriefUnitGraph...
[<init>]     Constructing soot.toolkits.graph.TrapUnitGraph...
[a]     Constructing soot.toolkits.graph.BriefUnitGraph...
[a]     Constructing soot.toolkits.graph.TrapUnitGraph...
[a]     Constructing soot.toolkits.graph.BriefUnitGraph...
[a]     Constructing soot.toolkits.graph.TrapUnitGraph...

Anybody have any insight? I'm stumped.