[Soot-list] Incoherent stack height issue.

Moulik moulik_psg at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 15:50:21 EST 2010

Hi,

I am new to Soot and facing some difficulties analyzing SPECjbb2005 benchmark through SOOT. SOOT starts to process the input java files and then throws a run time exception "incoherent stack height at block merge point" while analyzing one of the spec java files.

Below is the complete exception message and stack that i see on the stdout

Writing to sootOutput\spec\jbb\Address.class
Writing to sootOutput\spec\jbb\Company$runModes.class
Writing to sootOutput\spec\jbb\Infrastructure$SynchronizedJBBSortedStorage.class
Writing to sootOutput\spec\jbb\Infrastructure$SynchronizedJBBDataStorage.class
Writing to sootOutput\spec\jbb\infra\Util\ScreenException.class
Writing to sootOutput\spec\jbb\infra\Util\XMLLineDocumentException.class
Writing to sootOutput\spec\jbb\Company.class
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: <spec.jbb.Company: void loadCustomerTable()>: incoherent stack height at block merge point Block 7:
[preds: 6 12 ] [succs: 8 9 ]
nop;
load.s customerId;
;
load.r this;
fieldget <spec.jbb.Company: int MaxCustomersPerDistrict>;
ifcmple.i nop;
Block 12:
[preds: 9 11 ] [succs: 7 ]
nop;
nop;
load.s customerId;
;
push 1;
add.i;
i2s;
store.s customerId;
goto nop;

computed blockHeight == 2 recorded blockHeight = 0
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.calculateStackHeight(JasminClass.java:1842)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.calculateStackHeight(JasminClass.java:1847)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.calculateStackHeight(JasminClass.java:1847)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.calculateStackHeight(JasminClass.java:1847)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.calculateStackHeight(JasminClass.java:1847)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.calculateStackHeight(JasminClass.java:1847)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.calculateStackHeight(JasminClass.java:1847)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.calculateStackHeight(JasminClass.java:1847)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.calculateStackHeight(JasminClass.java:1847)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.calculateStackHeight(JasminClass.java:1847)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.emitMethodBody(JasminClass.java:274)
        at soot.AbstractJasminClass.emitMethod(AbstractJasminClass.java:689)
        at soot.AbstractJasminClass.<init>(AbstractJasminClass.java:568)
        at soot.baf.JasminClass.<init>(JasminClass.java:44)
        at soot.PackManager.writeClass(PackManager.java:877)
        at soot.PackManager.writeOutput(PackManager.java:466)
        at soot.PackManager.writeOutput(PackManager.java:393)
        at soot.Main.run(Main.java:199)
        at soot.Main.main(Main.java:141)

I am using vanilla SOOT and vanilla specjbb 2005. I have gone through the SOOT mailing list for any other posts related to "Incoherent stack height" but I don't see any relevant posts.

Could some one kindly let me know if I am making any mistake? Thanks in advance.

Many Thanks,
Moulik S.