[Soot-list] Edge Ordering in Call Graphs

Peng Du imdupeng at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:30:28 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am doing some simple analysis that calls SOOT to generate a
call graph, i.e., soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.CallGraph. However,
while traversing the graphs using "edgesInto" and "edgesOutOf",
I found the calls returned by the Iterator are not in the same order
as they appear in the Java source, e.g.,

void somemethod(){
	A();
	B();
	C();
}

The iterator returned by "edgesOutOf" might give me: {A, C, B}.

Is there a way to find out the source-level order of the Edges in a
call graph so that I can tell: A and B are invoked before C is?

ps. please CC me when reply since I am not subscribed.

Thanks a lot.

- Peng