[Soot-list] Edge Ordering in Call Graphs

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Oct 4 16:18:37 EDT 2010

Hi.

> The iterator returned by "edgesOutOf" might give me: {A, C, B}.

This is by design. Edges in call graphs are never ordered because a
call graphs encodes no control flow.

> Is there a way to find out the source-level order of the Edges in a
> call graph so that I can tell: A and B are invoked before C is?

Yes, but not using a call graph, and only for a single method at a
time: you can create a control-flow graph for the method that you wish
to analyze, e.g. an ExceptionalUnitGraph.

Hope that helps,