[Soot-list] Dependency issues in compiling sunflow in DaCapo using Soot

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Oct 21 03:33:51 EDT 2010

Hi Kanad/Patrick.

Actually, there is a better way of dealing with these issues by now.

We have recently developed TamiFlex, a tool chain for dealing with
reflection and dynamic class loading:
http://code.google.com/p/tamiflex/

In a nutshell, TamiFlex acquires all the classes the program (sunflow)
loads during runtime and then writes them into a flat directory, which
Soot can analyze. Along with that, it also writes out a log file
containing information about all reflective calls the program made.
Soot can take advantage of this information.

We have successfully used TamiFlex to statically analyze optimize and
then re-run all of DaCapo. Here you can find out how to use TamiFlex
with DaCapo: http://code.google.com/p/tamiflex/wiki/DaCapoAndSoot

Hope that helps,

Dr. Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt