[Soot-list] <clinit>() method in Soot's generated XML

Asif Iqbal iqbala24 at mcmaster.ca
Sat Oct 30 12:23:38 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I was generating xml files from a bunch of class files. In some of the xml files, I see a method node with name = "<clinit>()". Can anybody tell me what this method correspond to ? A short example will be appreciated.
Also, investigating the xml files I so far came to know that there are 4 kinds of invoke to methods : staticInvoke, virtualInvoke, specialInvoke and interfaceInvoke. Can there be any other kind of invoke besides these 4 ?

Asif