[Soot-list] process-dir for all application

马兴旺 lovexforce at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 03:11:31 EDT 2011

Hi all,
Thank you very much for developing the excellent tools , and I am using the
Soot in a product to achieve the purpose of the performance improvement.
The code structure as follows:
A: Source code is under prj\java path (This folder contains subdirectories
and the directory contains many java files).
B: Compiled code is under prj\classes path.
At present I met the problem : I take the binariess (.class, .jar) on input
by using bellow commands:
C:\SVNSandboxes\awc13\prj\classes> java soot.Main -process-dir  com.*
C:\SVNSandboxes\awc13\prj\classes> java soot.Main -process-dir  .
C:\SVNSandboxes\awc13\prj\classes> java soot.Main --app -process-dir  com.*
C:\SVNSandboxes\awc13\prj\classes> java soot.Main --app -w -process-dir
com.*

But I can't get optimized binaries (.class) files.

Then I tried to take one of the classes namely Constants which have any
classes of import on input:
C:\SVNSandboxes\awc13\prj\classes>java soot.Main
com.trilogy.fs.dms.core.Constants
And I can get optimized binaries (.class) files.

After that , I tried another class which have import few classes, for
example: the class of AWCBaseProperty,
C:\SVNSandboxes\awc13\prj\classes>java soot.Main
com.trilogy.awc.AWCBaseProperty
But there is a Exception: “couldn't find class: com.trilogy.sc.ISCObjectBase
(is your soot-class-path set properly?)”.
After analysis, I find that "com.trilogy.sc.ISCObjectBase" is the import
object of the AWCBaseProperty class. So I think I should use the Application
Mode Options of Soot to optimization, but failed.
Please give me some suggestions, thanks very much.

Best Regards
Xingwang ma