[Soot-list] Various questions

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Apr 29 13:29:39 EDT 2011

> Actually being called once per procedure is fine with me; what I really need
> to do is look procedure-by-procedure /anyway/, I just need the
> interprocedural call edges. So if my function was called just once, I'd need
> to iterate over the procedures anyway.*

Of, I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were also creating the
call graph within the transformer. Surely it would be wasted work to
do this over and over again for each method. But if you are just
accessing the call graph then that is ok to do in a BodyTransformer.

> Does this information make either the BodyTransformer and/or jtp pack sound
> more reasonable?

Yes in this case you should stick to those.

Best wishes,
Dr. Eric Bodden, http://bodden.de/
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Coordinator of the CASED Advisory Board of Study Affairs
PostDoc at Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt