[Soot-list] Numbers which are assigned to VarNodes differs from run to run

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jul 1 03:43:30 EDT 2011

> Sorry, my mistake. I consider those different instances, same VarNode
> because they have the same points-to set.

Oh now I see.

> Considering the way PAG is built by traversing Jimple, I couldn't
> think of something that causes this nondeterminism in numbering.

Well, all I could think of is the implementation using some
(non-linked) hash sets or hash maps during the traversal process. But
I have not implemented Spark, hence I can't really tell much more.
Maybe Ondrej has an idea?

Dr. Eric Bodden, http://bodden.de/
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Coordinator of the CASED Advisory Board of Study Affairs
PostDoc at Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt