[Soot-list] what happens if you mix Scala ASTs with Jimple?

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jul 1 04:01:57 EDT 2011

Thanks for the pointer Miguel, that looks like very interesting work.

Actually I wonder, though, why one would not just use Jimple directly
to optimize Scala. After all, Scala compiles to bytecode and Soot can
optimize bytecode. Do you have examples of cases where proposed IR
allows for more optimization potential than a Jimple IR on the same
code? That would be interesting for me to know.

Eric