[Soot-list] Is it possible to perform verification over path?

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jul 19 06:32:22 EDT 2011

Hi Ding Sun.

It's certainly possible, butI guess your question is really if anyone
has done this before, right?

Regarding verification, I am not exactly sure what you mean. In my PhD
Thesis I have used Soot to verify finite-state properties of objects,
such as "don't write to a file after closing it". This is
flow-sensitive and path-sensitive. It's implemented as an extension to
Soot, called Clara: http://bodden.de/clara/

I am not aware of Soot being used for test generation but there may be
people who have done this. Maybe somebody else on this list can
comment on this.

Eric