[Soot-list] Eclipse plugin

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Wed Nov 16 08:21:29 EST 2011

Hi Lei.

I guess you are referring to incremental analyses that update itself
when code changes? Soot does not currently support this. I had once a
student working on such a solution (a couple of students, actually),
in combination with Eclipse, but we never got this quite working. The
problem is that the class-loading process in Soot is quite complex at
the moment. Soot was never designed to support class unloading or
reloading.

Eric

On 16 November 2011 14:00, Lei Shang <shangl at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am using soot Eclipse plugin these days for developing interactive
> analysis. I am wondering if there is any existing solution to handle code
> change in Eclipse. For example, SPARK needs to re-build PAG for code change.
> Its better to use the soot plugin to monitor the code change and keep the
> change of analysis to the code change. Any suggestions?
>
>     Thanks.
>
> Lei

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Claude Shannon Research Group Leader at EC SPRIDE
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 32, 64293 Darmstadt