[Soot-list] function call graph

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Sep 4 05:31:58 EDT 2011

Hi.

> There are too many nodes(cg.size) in this graph. I use a small program
> (less than 50 LOC) to generate the call graph and there are more than
> 10,000 nodes in this graph.(Also it spends more than 30 seconds to
> generate this graph). I guess it includes the nodes in JDK libraries.
> (Otherwise there should not be so many nodes in the graph). Maybe I
> need to read the documents and find a way to filter out these nodes.

Yes, the JDK is included, and it should be. Otherwise you will obtain
unsound results.

You can exclude the JDK, though:
http://www.bodden.de/2010/06/04/soot-no-jdk/

> Is it possible to generate the call graph based in the scale of basic
> blocks( without jump/branch in the basic block) for single class or
> whole program?

I think one could easily compute such a graph. Soot's call graph is on
the statement level. I guess one could simply aggregate all call edges
for all statements within a block to obtain a block-based graph.

Dr. Eric Bodden, http://bodden.de/
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Coordinator of the CASED Advisory Board of Study Affairs
PostDoc at Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt