[Soot-list] git-master-build is broken

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Thu Aug 16 10:06:28 EDT 2012

Thanks Thomas, I have removed the annotations.

It's not the first time this has happened to me. Changing the
semantics for those was one of the biggest mistakes in the history of
Java compatibility...

Eric

On 16 August 2012 12:51, Thomas Pilot
<t_pilot at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> Hello soot-list,
>
> I'm currently unable to build soot from git-master. Eclipse is
> complaining about the @Override annotations in soot.tagkit.TryCatchTag.
> This class was introduced by a recent commit [1].
>
> Note that these annotations are invalid for interface implementations,
> if you compile for Java 1.5 [2]. So I suggest removing them (or changing
> the build environment in .classpath to Java 1.6).
>

> -Thomas
>

> [1]
> https://github.com/Sable/soot/commit/c65c963ec6eef384f2c1faf6d30fc9dbf381e6b1
> [2]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/987973/why-does-eclipse-complain-about-override-on-interface-methods

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt