[Soot-list] Jimple local to source expression

Patrick Lam plam at sable.mcgill.ca
Sun Aug 26 00:33:47 EDT 2012

On 08/25/2012 07:39 PM, Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm late to the party on this one, but please bear with me :)
>
> How can I run soot in such a way that none of that information gets
> lost? Do I have to disable all optimisations?

Even that won't work. Soot does transformations internally, because the
primary goal was to produce bytecode that ran about as fast as the
original bytecode on early JVMs. The default design assumption was that
the input would be bytecode, not Java code.

I don't know what happens if you don't transform the Jimple at all. I
think there's a switch to do that, but I can't remember what it is.

pat