[Soot-list] Print Statements from Custom Flow Analysis Not Appearing

Josh Branchaud jbranchaud at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:33:33 EST 2012

Hi,

I am rather new to using Soot. I have the Soot (2.5.1) plug-in installed in
Eclipse and that is how I plan to use it (at least for the time being). I
have basically recreated the dominator analysis (which is found in
soot.toolkits.graph) calling it MyFirstAnalysis.java and subsequently
inserted a bunch of print statements in the code so that I can see what is
happening as the analysis progresses. Inside that class I have also
included a main method which I am using to deploy my analysis with Soot. I
then go to Eclipse's package explorer view, right click on a simple Jimple
file that I have created, and choose to run Soot... with it. Under the Soot
main class tab, I feed it the appropriate location of my main method class
(core.MyFirstAnalysis) and the project it is in. I click run and it seems
to run fine. The only problem is that none of the print statements I
expected are printed to the console. The only thing that shows up in the
console is the standard soot output that tells me that the analysis is
being run on the class, the execution time, etc.

I was hoping to use print statements in my code to better understand how
things are working. Is this possible? Any ideas what I have done wrong here?

I appreciate any help.

--
Josh Branchaud
Graduate Research Assistant, University of Nebraska-Lincoln