[Soot-list] soot vs wala

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Fri Jan 6 06:05:05 EST 2012

Hi Prashant.

I have, but only roughly. Wala currently has two advantages over Soot
for me: (1.) It supports JavaScript as well as Java. (2.) It has an
implementation of the IFDS framework for interprocedural data-flow
analysis.

On the other hand, to me it seems that Soot support many more analyses
out of the box compared to Wala, and also has a more readable and much
better documented API (which really as to be seen in a relative
sense).

Of course this is only a very subjective and superficial comparison...

Eric

On 6 January 2012 09:02, Prashant Deva <prashant.deva at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am curious if anyone here has taken a look at Wala:
> http://wala.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>
> Any comparisons between the 2 frameworks would be useful to know.
>
> Prashant

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt