[Soot-list] Problem in obfuscation Web Application with Soot

Ubaid Raja ubaidsatti at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 05:11:48 EST 2012

Hi Eric,
I am trying to use JBOC to obfuscate my web application code. As its a web application and I dont have a main class. I created a mock ‘Main Class’. But unfortunately this isn’t working as well. One question that I really wanted to ask is, Is it a good idea to obfuscate my web app using JBOC ?
I am using MyEclipse and I added Soot plugin, but when i am trying to process directories then I am getting exceptions like,
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.RuntimeException: couldn’t find class: web.validate.ZipCodeValidator (is your soot-class-path set properly?)
I dont know, what to do here. I am using -process-dir with the name of the directory that holds all the compiled classes of the application.
Can you please help me with my issue. Thanks a lot.