[Soot-list] Problem in obfuscation Web Application with Soot

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Thu Jan 12 07:25:03 EST 2012

Hi Ubaid.

It just seems like you are missing some classes, such as
web.validate.ZipCodeValidator, which you need to provide to Soot.

Eric

On 12 January 2012 11:11, Ubaid Raja <ubaidsatti at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> I am trying to use JBOC to obfuscate my web application code. As its a web
> application and I dont have a main class. I created a mock ‘Main Class’. But
> unfortunately this isn’t working as well. One question that I really wanted
> to ask is, Is it a good idea to obfuscate my web app using JBOC ?
> I am using MyEclipse and I added Soot plugin, but when i am trying to
> process directories then I am getting exceptions like,
> Exception in thread “main” java.lang.RuntimeException: couldn’t find
> class: web.validate.ZipCodeValidator (is your soot-class-path set properly?)
> I dont know, what to do here. I am using -process-dir with the name of the
> directory that holds all the compiled classes of the application.
> Can you please help me with my issue. Thanks a lot.

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt