[Soot-list] interface invoke expression for non-interface type

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Thu Jan 19 07:39:05 EST 2012

Tillmann, judging from your line numbers you seem to be using a recent
nightly build of Soot, is that correct? I did some refactoring in the
CFG class, which may have introduced a regression. (although I cannot
see anything wrong in the code right now)

Does the problem also occur with an earlier version of Soot?

In any case, it would be great if you could provide us with a cut-down
example that exposes the problem.

Eric

On 19 January 2012 13:23, Tillmann <tirunkel at informatik.uni-bremen.de> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> in older entries in the mailing-list the following problem was solved by
> turning -allow-phantom-refs off.
>
> in my case, the result - with or without -allow-phantom-refs - remains
> constant:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Trying to create
> interface invoke expression for non-interface type:
> org.springframework.security.Authentication Use JVirtualInvokeExpr or
> JSpecialInvokeExpr instead!
>     at
> soot.jimple.internal.JInterfaceInvokeExpr.<init>(JInterfaceInvokeExpr.java:46)
>     at soot.jimple.Jimple.newInterfaceInvokeExpr(Jimple.java:474)
>     at soot.coffi.CFG.generateJimple(CFG.java:4559)
>     at soot.coffi.CFG.jimplify(CFG.java:1267)
>
> in my case the invocation - indeed - is an interfaceinvoke!
>
> org.springframework.security.Authentication [1] is invoked by the
> following class (part of icefaces):
> com.icesoft.faces.env.SpringAuthWrapper [2]
>
> The analysed project is a productive system with all needed dependencies
> on soot's classpath (including icefaces).
>
> Are the any further experiences how to avoid/solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tillmann
>
> [1]
> http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.springframework.security/spring-security-core/2.0.3/org/springframework/security/Authentication.java
> [2]
> http://grepcode.com/file/repository.grepcode.com/java/ext/org.icefaces/icefaces/1.8.1/com/icesoft/faces/env/SpringAuthWrapper.java

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt