[Soot-list] interface invoke expression for non-interface type

Tillmann tirunkel at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Thu Jan 19 09:03:38 EST 2012

Hi Eric,

thanks for your quick response!

I've checked this with the stable v2.4. The trunk-version seems to be
more forgiving about class resolving. Without the
allow-phantom-refs-option soot2.4 exits with an Exception that indicates
the missing Class (in my case the Authentication of the Spring
Framework) If i add the relevant parts of the Spring-Framework, the
classloading seems to be okay. So i switched back to the trunk-version
of soot but now during the CHA-Transformation following occurs:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unrecognized
bytecode instruction: 168
     at soot.coffi.CFG.generateJimple(CFG.java:4637)
     at soot.coffi.CFG.jimplify(CFG.java:1267)

with 2.4 the same occurs:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unrecognized
bytecode instruction: 168
     at soot.coffi.CFG.generateJimple(CFG.java:4644)
     at soot.coffi.CFG.jimplify(CFG.java:1263)
     at soot.coffi.CFG.jimplify(CFG.java:951)

So i will take a closer look at the bytecode. I'll keep you current.

Tillmann