[Soot-list] Soot version 2.5.0 is now available

Saswat Anand saswat78 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:58:16 EST 2012

Hi,

Building soot from sources using sootall-2.5.0.tar.gz does not work
out of the box. The paths in soot-2.5.0/ant.settings need fixing.

polyglot.jar=../polyglot/lib/polyglot.jar  ==>
polyglot.jar=../polyglot-1.3.5/lib/polyglot.jar
jasmin.jar=../jasmin/lib/jasminclasses-2.5.0.jar ==>
jasmin.jar=../jasmin-2.5.0/lib/jasminclasses-2.5.0.jar
javacup.jar=../polyglot/lib/java_cup.jar ==>
javacup.jar=../polyglot-1.3.5/lib/java_cup.jar

The trickiest one is:
jastaddfrontend.loc=../JastAddExtensions/SootJastAddJ  ==>
#jastaddfrontend.loc=../JastAddExtensions/SootJastAddJ (i.e., the line
needs to be commented out).

Before I realized the last fix, I installed JastAdd and host other ant
tasks (e.g., beaver, jflex) in vain. Hope this saves somebody else's
time!

Saswat